Château du Tail is an old hunting villa belonging to the father of Napoleon III, built between the end of the 18th century and the beginning of the 19th; and set in the beautiful region of Gascony amongst the vineyards of Madiran, surrounded by lakes and forests. The property is located on the top of a little hill at 330 meters above sea level, in the village of Castelnau Riviere Basse, near the historic towns of Pau and Lourdes and the breathtaking Pyrenees; recently restructured, the style combines country house comforts with modern amenities, provides elegant and spacious living rooms and all en-suite bathrooms.
The property is divided into two parts, the Château (or Main house) and the Dependence (or Grange), 740 sqm of comfortable space, all the rooms are in fact very spacious, comfortable and furnished with taste. On the first floor of the Main house there are two large suites, ideal for a family, and one double bedroom entirely furnished with antiques, all with four-poster beds and private bathrooms. On the ground floor there are two formal drawing rooms (library and TV room) both with fireplace and a beautiful view of the surrounding garden, also a living/dining room, a larder, a well-equipped kitchen and a laundry room (all the above rooms have an independent exit to the garden); the house is also equipped with 2 TVs, satellite, telephone/fax, stereo, barbecue, microwave oven, gas oven, 2 fridges, freezer and various kitchen appliances;
Château + dependance - 740 m² - sleeps 16 - 9 bedrooms **
- Two large formal drawing-rooms with fireplace, access to the back garden and gorgeous view over the forest,
- Small WC in the hall,
- Stair-case to the first floor,
- Corridor to the living/dining-room and kitchen (both with their own exits to the garden),
- Store-room and laundry.
- 1 double bedroom with bathroom with shower and bath and separate wc;
- 1 suite (1double bedroom and a connected single bedroom) with bathroom with shower and separate wc;
- 1 master bedroom suite (1 double bedroom and 2 connected single bedrooms) with bathroom with shower/bath and separate wc.
Dependance: Dep.Only - 340 m² - sleeps 8 - 4 bedrooms
- 1 double bedroom with bathroom with shower and bath and separate wc, access to the garden;
- Hall entrance/living-room with access on two sides to the garden and staircase to the first floor;
- Large kitchen/dining room with fireplace and access to the garden;
- 1 triple bedroom with bathroom with shower and separate wc and access to the garden; library room with access to the garden.
- 1 double bedroom with bathroom with bath/shower and separate toilette;
- 1 suite (1 double bedroom and 2 single bedrooms) with bathroom with bath/shower and separate wc.
Request more Details
English Harbour, St. John's, Antigua, W.I. ©2005-2022